Can we have clarity before starting this article?
I am giving you two options:
a. Developing and then performing operational parts in any software or application.
b. Sideways performing operations with the development part to implement updates faster.
I think the second option is better. DevOps is the same philosophy. Don’t worry. I will clarify everything in the blog. Just keep reading.
Definition of DevOps:
As the name says, it combines two terms, Dev defining development and Ops defining operation. It combines the development and operational function of any software, application, or project.
Before going deeper, there is a need for clarity over the term.
The majority who start their journey think it is a tool, software, or set of programs. But the clarity is that it is a philosophy that signifies how the development and operational teams can collaborate to perform an optimum result. It specifies how their team can work as developers and operators as per requirements.
Build Your Career as a
Need for DevOps:
Let me take you towards an imagination. For a while, suppose you are building a home. The constructor will construct the home, and the interior designer will set it up for you. If you get your home constructed and then get it designed, it is inefficient and time-consuming, but if you align both the work one over another like each part of the home getting constructed and designed simultaneously, it will be much more efficient. The same goes for development.
Developing a webpage or small application is a different thing but working on big functional software like YouTube, Google, and more is a task of regular updation and maintenance. In the traditional method, the development team develops the project and hand-on to the second team, which checks the operation and then deployment. This process consumes a lot of time and sometimes causes conflict between the teams, like allegations by one team for the delay in work by another team. Here comes the need for DevOps.
It is a philosophy that says the development and operational teams work together and sometimes exchange their work to achieve a goal. This philosophy increases the efficiency as well as cut-off the allegation parts. The concept works on an infinite loop of development and operation, which helps in continuous updates and maintenance of the platform or project in minimal time.
Boost your earning potential with DevOps expertise. Explore our certified DevOps courses for a high-paying career
- Explore DevOps Online Training Course
Features of DevOps:
- Efficiency: It increases the efficiency of the project by combining the development and operational team and maintaining collaboration.
- On-time deployment: Since the teamwork is for a single final product, there is no blockage in the deployment due to allegations or conflicts between the teams. Hence, we get on-time deployment.
- Agile development: It is an agile method of development of a project using an infinite loop of planning, coding, building, testing, releasing, deployment, operation, and monitoring.
Becoming a DevOps engineer is not an overnight task. If you think learning philosophy is a trick to success, you are on the wrong path. DevOps combines various tools and knowledge like Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, and Kubernetes. It is not a tool to master. It is a kind of mindset over various combinations of tools. This is a great career to work on, but one needs a good platform to master it. You can scroll over our structured courses on these topics.
A career in DevOps:
We get two careers in higher demand in this field. One is a DevOps manager who has experience of managing the development and operational team, and their correlation. Another is the one who works in development teams and calls them a DevOps engineer.
Key points to take home:
- DevOps combines the development and operational function of any software, application, or project.
- It is a philosophy that says the development and operational teams work together and sometimes exchange their work to achieve a goal. This philosophy increases the efficiency as well as cut-off the allegation parts.
- Efficiency, on-time deployment, and agile development are the three major features.
- Being a DevOps expert combines various knowledge of tools like Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, and Kubernetes.
- DevOps manager and engineer are the two most famous careers we get in hand.
- To be an expert and get healthier knowledge, you can scroll over our blogs and courses.
Learning new technologies is always fun, and we concentrate on the same at Thinkcloudly. See you in the next blog.