Introduction of Azure Certification Path
With every new sunrise, we are witnessing businesses shift to Cloud services and Azure is one of the leaders in the Cloud Computing Industry. The global cloud computing market size was valued at USD 483.98 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.1% from 2023 to 2030.
To excel in the field of cloud computing, earning Azure certifications can significantly boost your career prospects. In this guide, we will walk you through the Microsoft Azure certification path for 2023, providing a step-by-step roadmap to success and the best Azure Certification Training.
Why Azure Certifications Are Powerful in 2023?
Before we get into the details of Azure let’s delve into why the best Azure Certification training is so highly recommended in 2023.
1. Validation of skills
Azure Certifications validate your skills and put you on a pedestal before your employers and clients as it’s the most important skilled labour in 2023.
2. Career Advancement
Azure Certifications opens the door to abundant opportunities in the IT Industry with high-paying job roles available for Azure Certified Engineers.
3. Staying Relevant
Top Azure Certification requires candidates to stay on top of the cloud computing trends and technologies to stay relevant and in demand in the industry.
4. Access To Resources
Microsoft has built a community where even Azure Entry Level Certification gets exposed to the forums and exclusive resources available in the Azure ecosystem.
Now let’s explore the different Azure certification levels and tracks within the Azure Certification path in 2023.
Microsoft Azure Certification Path covers three levels; Fundamentals, Associate and Expert with each level catering to different skills and techniques that one will learn step by step through top Azure certification training.
1. Fundamental Certification
This Azure entry-level certification is specifically designed for individuals who are new to the cloud computing industry or have very limited experience in cloud or Microsoft Azure. They provide a broad understanding of Azure skills and concepts.
a) Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals
- Exam: AZ-900
- Skills: Basic understanding of Azure services, pricing, SLAs, and compliance.
- Ideal For: Beginners or non-technical professionals exploring cloud concepts.
2. Associate Certifications
Associate level certification is for those candidates who have acquired a certain basic level of skillset in Azure and are well versed with the foundational concepts of Azure. Ideally, those who are looking for more in-depth knowledge in Azure are the ones who graduate to the Associate level.
a) Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Exam: AZ-104
- Skills: Management of Azure resources, implementing, and managing identity, governance, storage, and compute.
- Ideal For: IT professionals responsible for Azure administration.
b) Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
- Exam: AZ-204
- Skills: Developing web apps, Azure Solutions, serverless functions, cloud services and storage.
- Ideal For: Ideal for developers building applications on Azure.
c) Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Exam: AZ-500
- Skills: Security implementation, monitoring, and solutions on Azure.
- Ideal For: Security professionals responsible for Azure security.
d) Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Engineer Associate
- Exam: AI-102
- Skills: Building, Deploying and managing AI-related solutions on Azure.
- Ideal For: Data Scientist and AI Developers.
3. Expert Certifications
Expert-level Azure certifications are for those who have understood their niche and want to specialize in specific areas developed by Azure.
a) Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Exams: AZ-303 & AZ-304
- Skills: Designing solutions that run on Azure including identity, security, storage and networking etc.
- Ideal For: Experienced Architect and Solutions Designer
b) Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Exams: AZ-400
- Skills: Implementing DevOps practices, including continuous integration, continuous delivery and automation on Azure.
- Ideal For: DevOps professionals and Azure developers.
c) Microsoft Certified: Azure DevSecOps Engineer Expert
- Exams: AZ-511
- Skills: Integrating security into the DevOps process on Azure.
- Ideal For: Security Professionals and DevOps Engineers.
Choosing The Perfect Azure Certifications
Choosing the right Azure certifications depends on your current skill set and career goals but here are some guidelines which will be useful for you to secure your future
a) Beginners: One should start with Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) to build and develop a foundational understanding of the concepts of Azure.
b) IT Administrators: If you are responsible for managing Azure resources, consider the Azure Administrator Associate certification (AZ-104).
c) Developers: For developers Azure Developers Associate Certifications (AZ-204) is a suitable choice.
d) Security Enthusiasts: For those interested in Azure Security, pursue the Azure Security Engineer Associate Certification (AZ-500).
e) AI & Data Professionals: If you are well versed in AI and Data solutions, aim for the Azure AI engineer Associate certification (AI-102)
f) Experienced Architects: If you have good Azure experience and want to shift focus on solution design, the Azure Solutions Architect Expert Certification (AZ-303 and AZ-304) is ideal.
g) DevOps enthusiasts: DevOps professionals should target the Azure DevOps Engineer Expert Certification (AZ-400).
h) DevSecOps Specialists: For those merging security with DevOps, the Azure DevSecOps Engineer Expert certification (AZ-511) is a perfect fit.
Preparing For Azure Certification
Once you have selected the right certification it’s time you follow certain steps diligently to get the successful certification.
a) Official Microsoft Learning Paths: Microsoft provides free learning paths for each specification on Azure. These are the guidelines one candidate must follow to learn Azure certification thoroughly.
b) Azure Documentation: Azure has its own documentation and it’s a treasure that you will cherish as it has the latest updates and technological advancements mentioned for you to stay updated with the industry trends.
c) Online Courses: There are several online platforms and courses that give you the best certification to excel in your Azure career. ThinkCloudly provides a 1:1 mentorship program for its students which is the most recommended as you get guided by industry experts having relevant knowledge.
d) Practice Exams: Practice exams are the best to know how much you have prepared and to know your knowledge base.
e) Hands-On Learning: Create your own Azure Sandbox or Azure environment and learn the Azure ecosystem with hands-on learning.
f) Study Groups and Forums: Join study groups and forums that will guide you through learning Azure certifications.
Azure Certification Projects For Beginners
For beginners looking to gain practical experience, consider these simple Azure projects for beginners:
- Deploy a Static Website: Host a basic HTML website on Azure Storage.
- Create a Virtual Machine: Set up a Windows or Linux virtual machine on Azure.
- Build a Web App: Develop a simple web application using Azure App Service.
- Explore Azure Functions: Create a serverless function that triggers a specific event.
- Set Up Azure DevOps Pipelines: Learn how to automate deployments using Azure DevOps.
It is possible to open up exciting career opportunities in cloud computing by earning Microsoft Azure certifications. For beginners and experienced professionals alike, the Azure certification path for 2023 provides a clear Azure cloud roadmap. Get started today, and watch your career soar in Azure cloud computing. Practical experience, staying updated, and continuous learning are the keys to success.