Introductio Virtual Network Interview Question
Azure Virtual Network is an essential part of Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing platform, that offers secure and seamless connectivity, and creates isolated networks, subnets, route tables as well as offers a solution to better manage their businesses and applications on the platform.
When you are giving an azure virtual network interview, it can seem tricky at first but if you brush off your basics and keep on learning about the new features in it, you can ace your azure virtual network interview in a jiffy. To help you with your azure virtual network interview, we have provided a certain amount of azure interview questions which cover almost every aspect of it.
Some most asked azure interview questions :
1. What is the main purpose of Azure Virtual Network?
A. Azure virtual network is a key component of the Azure ecosystem, and it offers network isolation, segmentation, subnets and control over communication between Azure resources.
2. What are the components of an Azure Virtual network ?
A – Address space: various private IP addresses assigned to VNet
– Subnets: segments within the address space for security control
– Network Security Groups: firewall to control inbound/outbound traffic
– Route tables: custom routing that allow the redirection of traffic flow through subnets or external networks
– Virtual Network Gateway: enhances the connectivity between VNets or through VPN
– Service Endpoints: lengthens the VNet’s identity to Azure services
– Private link: secures with a private connection
3. What is the difference between Regional and Global Virtual Network in Azure?
A. A regional virtual network is limited to a certain azure region, and on the other hand, global virtual network is distributed across different regions and that too, securely.
4. What are subnets in azure virtual network
A. Subnets are segments in azure virtual network which is helpful in organizing resources and granting various network and security policies within the same virtual network.
5. What are the different types of azure virtual network peering ?
A – Global VNet Peering
– Regional VNet Peering
– Hub and Spoke Topology
6. What is Virtual Network Peering?
A. Virtual network peering allows a user to directly communicate with several azure virtual networks and is used to connect resources in various virtual networks without the use of gateways or any routing configurations.
7. What is Azure Load Balancer ?
A. Azure load balancer is a tool that distributes incoming traffic across different resources for load balancing and high availability.
This is one of the most commonly asked azure virtual network interview questions.
8. How does a user manage and monitor the bandwidth of an azure virtual network connection, along with the measures?
A. A user can manage and monitor the available bandwidth by using Azure Monitor and one can collect network metrics.
To optimise the bandwidth:
- Select an appropriate VM size with required network capacity
- Use accelerated networking to lower the latency
- Implement traffic management
- Use CDNs to cache content closer to users
- Optimize application code and protocols for better performance
- Consider expressroute
- Review and adjust configurations
9. What is the significance of Azure Traffic Manager in a multi region Azure Virtual Network deployment?
A. Azure Traffic Manager is an essential tool in multi-region Azure Virtual Network deployments as it offers intelligent routing which makes sure that the user can get optimal performance, high availability and fault tolerance. It also ensures a seamless failover between regions by directing them to the nearest region.
10. What is the role of Azure DDoS protection standard in securing an Azure virtual network?
A. Azure DDoS protection standard helps in securing resources by preventing DDoS threats. It is also helpful in monitoring the automatic, always-on protection traffic as well as provides insights and custom alerting.
11. What is the use of a service endpoint?
A. Service endpoint grants an extension for your VNet private address space which allows a protected communication.
12. What is Azure Bastion?
A. Azure Bastion provides a seamless RDP and SSH access to VMs without the risk of public IPs’ exposure.
13. How can a user get low latency in communication between resources?
A. The points that need to be considered for this purpose are, proximity, peering, accelerated network, traffic manager, and expressroute. The main reasons that lead to latency are geographical distance, network congestion, and resource limitations.
14. What is forced tunnelling ?
A. Forced tunnelling directs network traffic from a virtual network through an on premises site.
15. Where is forced tunnelling used?
A. Forced tunnelling is used in compliance, security, monitoring, and hybrid cloud integration.
16. What is Azure network watcher?
A. Azure network watcher is a service that monitors and diagnoses networks.
17. How can one use azure network watcher to troubleshoot common network issues?
A. Azure’s network watcher can be used in topology visualization, IP flow verification, next hop determination, packet capture, VPN diagnostics, and traffic analytics.
18. What are UDRs?
A. User defined routes grants customized routing paths in case of network traffic by providing authority over traffic flows.
19. What is WAN Hub?
A. Azure virtual WAN Hub facilitates network architecture and ultimately enhances connectivity and protection.
20. What can be the possible complications which a user may face while shifting resources from one azure virtual network to another?
A. The complications that may arise during this process are, downtime, dependencies and IP address alterations.
Azure Virtual Network Interview questions are fairly easy when asked during an interview, as these Azure interview questions will get covered in your training. Once you master these Azure Virtual Network Interview Questions, you can get an in depth idea of what you can expect in your upcoming azure interview.