Introduction AWS Interview Question and Answers
Cloud Computing has significantly changed the world of technology and the reliability of people on it. More and more people are leaning towards it and are dependent on it for their businesses and applications. This has created an increasing vacancy in the professional positions for Cloud Computing but there is also an increasing rise in the competitors fighting for these seats.
Amazon Web Services is one of the most successful platforms in the world, and there’s no doubt that the interviews will be just as challenging as this is a life-changing opportunity for many young aspiring candidates. The average salary that you can envision is around $140,000 per year, and if you are skilled and accomplished enough, you can expect around $170,000 a year!
In order to succeed in this field, it is important to get proper AWS training and a legitimate AWS certification so that you will know your basics and get in-depth knowledge of the subject.
Thinkcloudly provides you with the necessary AWS training that will effectively guide you through your needs and you can also apply for an AWS certification to complete your AWS training and course.
AWS Interview Questions that you can expect?
These AWS interview questions will be a piece of cake if you complete your AWS certification and AWS training!
1. What is AWS?
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) is a complex and comprehensive platform that offers a wide range of cost-effective cloud computing services for businesses, individuals and companies, which help them work efficiently and make positive progress.
- This is the most basic question that you can be asked for your AWS interview questions, you can also add some more information to it that will flaunt your successful AWS training.
2. What are the basic types of cloud services that AWS provides?
- Computing, networking, and storage are three basic types of cloud services provided by AWS.
3. What is auto-scaling?
- Auto scaling allows you to build scaling plans which enable you to automatically reduce or increase the number of active servers as it is based on the concept of load balancing.
4. Can you name the key components of AWS?
- Route 53: a DNS web service
- Simple Email Service: sends emails with the assistance of RESTFUL API call or via SMTP
- Identify and Access Management: users can experience optimised security and identity management
- CloudWatch: primarily helps in monitoring the AWS resources
- Simple Storage Device (S3): popular storage device of AWS
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2): grants an on-demand computing resource to host applications.
- Elastic Block Store (EBS): helps the users in persisting data
5. What is AMI?
- Amazon Machine Image is utilized to generate virtual servers in AWS. It is possible to launch as many varied AMIs as one requires.
6. Is it possible to upload a file that is more than 100 megabytes on Amazon S3?
- Certainly! The multipart upload utility is the solution for this as it uploads your files in multiple sections and to save time, you can upload them in parallel. Later, these varied parts will be combined into the original version of your file.
7. What is the maximum number of S3 buckets that one can create?
- An Amazon S3 user can create up to 100 S3 buckets!
8. Can you name a few differences between Amazon S3 and EC2?
- EC2 is a cloud web service which helps in hosting applications, whereas S3 is a data storage system where a user can save an infinite amount of data.
- EC2 can run Linux or Windows and even handle applications like PHP, Python, Apache or other databases, and S3 contains a REST interface that uses HMAC-SHA1 authentication keys.
9. What are key pairs in AWS?
- Key pairs are a blend of public and private key used to secure a user’s login information.
10. Name various types of instances.
- General purpose
- Storage optimized
- Accelerated computing
11. What is VPC?
- Virtual Private Cloud helps a user to customize their networking configuration that is logically isolated from different networks in the cloud.
12. What is redshift?
- It is a quick and powerful big data warehouse product that is fully managed in the cloud.
13. What are the benefits of using auto-scaling?
- Provides fault tolerance
- Better availability
- Efficient cost management
14. What is SQS?
- Simple Queue Service is a distributed queuing service that works like a mediator between two controllers.
15. How many subnets can a user have per VPC?
- One can have 200 subnets per VPC.
16. Do you know when EC2 was launched?
- It was launched in 2006
17. What are the two types of AMI given by AWS?
- Instance store backed
- EBS backed
18. Name different types of cloud services that AWS provides
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Data as a Service (DaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
19. What is the name of Amazon’s Content Delivery Network?
- Amazon CloudFront
20. Alternative tools to log into the cloud excluding console
- AWS CLI for Linux
- AWS CLI for Windows
- AWS CLI for Windows CMD
- AWS SDK
21. What are the reasons that a user should consider when switching to AWS?
- Operational Costs
- Workforce Productivity
- Cost avoidance
- Operational resilience
- Business agility
22. What are the types of Load Balancers?
- Application Load Balancer
- Classic Load Balancer
Interviews can be intimidating for a fresher but it is possible to get accepted in any company as long as you are well-versed with your AWS training. You will get a guide to assist you in your queries and to be a certified professional in this field, you should definitely grab your AWS certification to not get left behind!