Introduction AWS Security Interview Questions And Answers
Being on the internet so openly these days where all our confidential data is handled through technology can be a little risky without a fitting security that shelters your privacy.
As cloud computing is making increasingly more space in our everyday lives, there needs to be a secure way to go about it. Therefore, AWS has offered some tools and features which will ensure secure access to the AWS services. These are the basic points one learns in their AWS training, or if they are attempting to become an AWS security engineer. Once you are done with your AWS training, you can go for jobs related to your field by cracking some AWS security interviews.
To help you out, we have listed some frequently asked AWS security interview questions:
Q1. What are the key benefits of AWS Security?
- AWS Security keeps your data secure which assures a user that their privacy is protected.
- AWS manages several compliance programs in its infrastructure which ensures the completion of a user’s compliance.
- The best part about using AWS security is that it saves your money without compromising on top security.
- AWS cloud security also scales with a user’s usage despite the size of their business.
Q2. Name the security measures a user is required to take before migrating to AWS cloud?
- Data Integrity
- Data Loss
- Data Storage
- Business Continuity
- Compliance with rules and regulations
Q3. What are the laws implemented for the security of your cloud data?
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) protects personal data and imposes guidelines on organizations to properly handle and guard such data.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) imposes restrictions related to the collection, storage and protection of private data.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is applicable in the United States which imposes the security and protection of health information.
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) has been accepted globally to ensure that there are no breaches of payment card data and to protect the cardholder’s information.
Q4. What are the advantages of AWS security?
A. This is another must know AWS security interview question. One can answer this AWS security interview question without any effort if they are an AWS security engineer.
AWS security provides some useful benefits like –
- Secure Scalability
- Enhanced visibility
- Better Control
- Automation of security controls
- Reduction of risk
- Compliance with data security and privacy
- Extensive community support
Q5. What are some open-source cloud computing platform databases?
A. The three main open-source databases of cloud computing platforms are
- Couch DB
- Lucid DB
- Mongo DB
Any details related to AWS training can be asked among your AWS security interview questions.
Q6. Name the security laws implemented to secure data.
A. There are five primary security laws which are implemented and will be known by a certified AWS security engineer.
- Validation of input
- Backup and security
- Output reconciliation
Q7. What are some essential components needed in cloud architecture?
A. Your AWS training completes all these required details so that it helps you in your upcoming jobs, like becoming an AWS security engineer.
- Cloud storage services
- The speed of the Processor
- Intracloud communications
- Cloud storage services
- Cloud ingress
Q8. What is the importance of virtualization platforms?
A. An AWS security engineer is well aware of the reasons like-
- Cloud operating system
- Managing service policies
- Maintain the differentiation of backend-level and user-level concepts
Q9. What are the two kinds of Hypervisor?
- Type 1 – the guest VM is able to run over the host hardware
- Type 2 – the guest VM runs over the hardware through a host operating system
Q10. Which services can be used to lessen the DDoS attacks?
- AWS shield
- AWS WAF
- Amazon Route53
- Amazon CloudFront
Q11. Name the native AWS Security logging capabilities.
- AWS CloudTrail
- AWS Config
Q12. How does AWS IAM support security in the cloud?
A. AWS IAM questions can be asked as well in your AWS security interview questions as it is also involved in the security of your data.
AWS IAM makes use of some beneficial features like
- User management
- Role based access control
- Multi Factor authentication
- Policy management
- Auditing and reporting
Q13. Which tools and services provide secure network connectivity as well as the protection of data in transit?
- Virtual private cloud (VPC) grants the customers an isolated section to launch their AWS resources and users can also create secure networks and control traffic.
- VPN connections allows the users to securely and privately transfer data in the AWS environment.
- Direct Connect is a network that gives the clients an enhanced, secure and reliable connection.
- Transport layer security (TLS) is used to encrypt data in transit and also secures their data through public and private internet.
Q14. What are the key advantages of AWS KMS?
A. If you are asked such AWS security interview questions, you can list the benefits like:
- Key management
- Key generation
- Key storage
- Key use
Q 15. Which features does Amazon S3 provide for the user’s security?
A. Another listing AWS security interview question, where you can mention the security features like :
- Access control
- Bucket policies and access logs
- Data integrity