Introduction top 15 Jenkins Certification Interview Questions for Mastery
Jenkins Certification can be a little tricky for beginners but with proper training and Jenkins certification course, one can easily pass any interview by knowing all the aspects of it.
To help you out, we have listed some most commonly asked devops jenkins interview questions in this blog. Jenkins Certification is definitely worth it as a certified Jenkins engineer can earn around $157,000 in the US annually. The reason why Jenkins is so popularly used is because it is
- easy to install
- easy to configure
- pluggable with personalized Plugins which makes it extremely extensible
- Easily supports any scale by distributing the workloads
Jenkins Certification Interview Questions –
1. What is Jenkins?
Jenkins is an open source automation server which can be used to manage various tasks in relation to building, testing and deploying software.
2. What is Continuous Integration?
Continuous integration is a software development process which enables you to make changes in the main code and then the software will be ready to be built, tested, deployed and monitored continuously.
3. What is Continuous Delivery?
This is another very important DevOps Jenkins interview question which is very commonly asked as a Jenkins certification interview question
Continuous Delivery is a software development practice where the continuously integrated (CI) alterations are tested and deployed continuously within a specified environment through a manual release process which is followed by detailed quality checks.
4. What is Continuous Deployment?
Continuous Deployment is a software development process where the continuously integrated (CI) changes can be deployed by itself within the target environment after thorough quality checks.
5. List the important uses of Jenkins.
The question, is Jenkins certification worth it pops up in everyone’s head. That’s why here are some uses listed which is also a frequently asked DevOps Jenkins interview question.
The most common uses of Jenkins are –
- Software build jobs
- Sanity/ smoke/ CI/ regression test jobs
- Web/ data scraping-related jobs
- Code coverage measurement jobs
- General purpose automation
- Reverse engineering jobs
- Decoding jobs and other jobs where software automation is valid
6. How to add a user in Jenkins?
If you are asked such Jenkins certification interview questions, you can simply list the steps used by a user.
- First, the user needs to go to manage Jenkins
- Then one needs to click on create user
- Then, the user is expected to enter all their details
- In the last step, the user just needs to click on create user
7. What are the steps included in a Jenkins Pipeline?
As a certified Jenkins engineer, you are expected to know such Jenkins certification interview questions, as these devops Jenkins interview questions are covered in your Jenkins certification course.
The Jenkins pipeline steps are :
8. What are some benefits of using Jenkins?
These Jenkins certification interview questions are must know!
The advantages of using Jenkins are –
- Automated build report for every change made in the source code
- Continuous Integration with Agile Methodology Principles
- Automate maven release project with simple steps
- Bugs are tracked easily at early stages
9. What are some important plugins in Jenkins?
These aspects of Jenkins will be taught in your Jenkins certification course.
Some useful plugins that are used are –
- Git repository
- Amazon EC2
- HTML Publisher
- JDK Parameter Plugin
- Configuration Slicing Plugin
10. How is a Pipeline created in Jenkins?
This Jenkins Certification Interview Question can also be answered step by step –
- First, the user needs to click on ‘new item’ option on the Jenkins Dashboard
- Then the user needs to create a name for the new item
- Then, the user needs to click on ‘pipeline’ project and click on OK
- In the pipeline tab, the user is expected to put their Jenkinsfile code
- Then the user can apply and save
- In the last step, the user needs to click on build now and start building the pipeline
11. What are some SCM tools supported by Jenkins?
This Jenkins Certification Interview Question can be answered by listing some useful tools like –
12. What is Jenkins Remote Access API?
This is an advanced DevOps Jenkins interview question which will be taught in your Jenkins certification course.
Jenkins offers a remote access API to its functionalities which comes in three flavors –
- JSON with JSONP support
13. What is Poll SCM in Jenkins?
Poll SCM in Jenkins lets you review a version control system like Git for desired changes. One can schedule the frequency of updates. When the changes are detected, Jenkins will trigger a build, which will make it a key feature for continuous integration, scheduled tasks and automated response to code changes.
14. What are some build triggers in Jenkins?
A certified Jenkins engineer will know this Jenkins Certification interview question, or else one can learn about this through a Jenkins certification course.
The various types of build triggers include –
- SCM Polling Trigger
- Scheduled Build Trigger
- Webhook Trigger
- Upstream/downstream Trigger
- Manual Build Trigger
- Dependency Build Trigger
- Parameterized Trigger
- Pipeline Trigger
15. What are some key points about the language used to write Jenkins CI/CD pipelines?
- Declarative and Scripted Syntax
- Pipeline DSL
- Pipeline as Code
- Version Control Integration
- IDE Support
- Shared Libraries